Let’s get the cat out of the bag now, shall we? I noticed I had a couple of new followers on Twitter, and I felt compelled to create a quick list of things they need to know. I also feel the need to expound on that list a little bit for new readers to this blog. So, without further ado, here is the list.
- I’m a geek. You may see posts from me talking about Star Trek, Iron Man, Star Wars, X-Men, Transformers, or whatever. I’m unapologetic about those things, and nothing you say or do will change my mind in any way whatsoever. In fact, trying to change my mind about those things will do nothing but piss me off more. Which leads me directly into…
- I have no brain-mouth filter; I say what’s on my mind and I deal with the consequences later. I do tend to err on the side of respect with certain people, but if your basic attitude is that of racism, blind hate, or idiocy, then I will deem you a raging cuntmuffin and tell you to get the fuck out of my life.
- I like my blog. I’ll shill for it at any chance I get. I’ll put it in my signature on various discussion boards, I’ll put it in my status message on my different IM clients, and I’ll even mention it in passing to those I work with that I trust. I’m an attention whore who wants more people to read what I think; is that so bad?
- I play video games. It is what it is. Don’t deem me some manchild who doesn’t want to grow up because I like to pop in NCAA Football, All-Pro Football 2K8, or Transformers: War for Cybertron from time to time. Real talk, I’m not changing that. Don’t like it? Go fly off a cliff.
- I have an infant daughter at home. Sometimes, you’ll read updates on how she’s doing from me (this goes for Twitter as well – follow me at @MrJoseph45 at your own peril). You’ll also sometimes see things that are completely abstract or clueless. This means I’m venting, and I don’t want to hear “Well, it could be worse…” You will get cussed out in a heartbeat for that.
- I love sports, especially football. You’ll probably see random posts about the Washington Redskins, Navy Midshipmen, UAB Blazers, or Saskatchewan Roughriders (they’re in the Canadian Football League; look ’em up sometime) as the season progresses. To be fair, some of the things you’ll read will be positive, and others will be about how I want to throw the Defensive Coordinator off of the highest point of the stadium.
- I’m a political moderate. I believe in some liberal policies, and I believe in some conservative policies. I believe in no Tea Party policies, but that’s another story for another day. Either one of the parties piss me off, it’s a wrap. Please don’t try to change my mind on that; it won’t work.
- Finally, I spent 11 years in the World’s Greatest Navy. What does that mean? If I feel the need to, I will cuss up a storm, I’ll probably drunk blog every now and then, and I’ll probably regale you all with stories from my Navy days. It’s who I am, and I won’t change it.
Thank you, and enjoy your stay.